History of Manor House in Giemzow near Lodz
Are you ready to travel back in time? Lodz and it’s province has many amazing monuments including historic mansions, palaces and castles. Some of them fall into ruin, or remains only on historical map of Lodz. Manor house in Giemzów is one of the items on the list of monuments in Lodz that not only has been restored, but is also open to public. Hotel and restaurant make it possible to travel in time and feel the atmosphere of ancient times, which are part of Polish history and culture. The Manor is filled with large number of antiques from different historical periods.
Let’s go back to the 16th century. Initially the Giemzow village was called Stroza. Founded in 1530, by Stanislaw Trzaska from Wola Rakowa, later mayor.
Beyond doubt the most interesting place in Giemzow is the old manor house. Its architecture is protected by Polish law as one of the local monuments. The history of the house goes back to the 18th century. It was built on a rectangular plan with two alcoves from the garden side, where in the past greenhouses were located
Around the Manor there is an English park, with a circular pond with an island in the centre. Park avenues were planted over 200 years ago. They consist of acacia, hornbeam and linden trees.
Hotel Restauracja Sale Szkoleniowe Łódź - Dwór Giemzów February 5, 2014